[Ansteorra] Gulf War camp needed

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Jan 15 08:12:11 PST 2003

Thora Olafsdottir said:

This is Thora Olafsdottir.  My husband Ailgenan McGann and I have found the
money to pre register for war and need to find someone to camp with.

We are Gulf War virgins who will need someone to show us the ropes of the
event. (Be gentle with us  :)  )  It is most likely we will have our two
children with us.
<<<<<<<<<<<

Are you new to the SCA or just Gulf Wars? Have you been to other long
camping SCA events such as Pennsic?

If you haven't been to other long SCA events, you might want to look
at some of the files in the the SCA-CAMPING or the PENNSIC section of
my Florilegium files (www.florilegium.org). I'm afraid I don't have any
files specificially on camping at Gulf Wars, but many of the cautions
for one event are the same as for theother.

There is this file, but it is better on giving you some back ground about
Gulf Wars than for specific helpful hints:
GW-history-msg    (18K)  4/16/99    Histories of the SCA Gulf Wars event.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/GW-history-msg.html

My husband likes to marshall and wants to get started fighting soon.  My
interests include scroll painting and blacksmithing and when I am not
pregnant as I am now, Middle Eastern Dance.
<<<<<<<<<<<

If you are interested in pewter casting I will again be teaching my hands-on
pewter casting class which uses the period technique of carving a mold in
soapstone. Students will carve their own mold and leave with one or more
castings of their item. I am teaching the class twice, once on Tuesday, I
think, and again on Friday. This technqiue is good for casting things like
pilgrim badges (ie: site tokens), rings, ear rings, necklaces, belt ends and
decorations, buttons and other jewelry.

Have you been camping before when pregnant? If not you might be interested in
this file in the CHILDREN section. There are various other files in this section
which might be of use with your other children as well.
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/pregnancy-msg.html

Lord Stefan li Rous, CSM
stefan at florilegium.org