[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Fri Jan 17 16:54:25 PST 2003

Yup, Corporate says rapier can't be part of lists for royal rank or armigerous
titles because it wasn't part of formal tournament combat.  (Though it appears
it was part of tournament combat in late period.)  That being said, formal
tournament combat never decided who was king in period as far as I know.

My point, I guess is that you can take one of two stands based on this.

a) our current model is not historically accurate so it shouldn't matter if
rapier were added to the mix

or

b) our current model is not historically accurate so why make it more
inaccurate by adding rapier to the mix.

Personally, I favor b).  I think we have more than enough historical accuracy
problems (for a historical organization) without creating more.

Ansgar von Aachen