[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 17 21:44:46 PST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 18:54, j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu wrote:
> My point, I guess is that you can take one of two stands based on this.
>
> a) our current model is not historically accurate so it shouldn't matter if
> rapier were added to the mix
>or
>b) our current model is not historically accurate so why make it more
>inaccurate by adding rapier to the mix.
<snip>
> Ansgar von Aachen

 And to illustrate his point even further, suppose we let the combat be by
rapier and/or chivalric combat? Then how about adding Archery combat, A&S
battles, Equestrian competiton, it could go on and on.

As niffty as it sounds at times, really the way it is is at least simple. I
wish it could be different for other than Crown tournaments. Why not choose a
landed baron by right of the most popular activity in the area? (I know that
has it's drawbacks too.)

Just some thoughts way too late at night.

Claire Shayhan