[Ansteorra] Fighting Crown "not to win"

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Tue Jan 21 20:55:35 PST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:54:42 +0000 "Rob rose" <onetruewolf at hotmail.com>
writes:
> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> talents.....i think that if one is to fight in crown then he/she
> should be a
> viable candidate and be able to uphold the office they are fighting
> for.  I
> feel the same way about king's/queen's champion.  Personally I am

        -- followed a bit later by --

> well.  I feel that when a former crown of Ansteorra is out there
> fighting not
> to win, but to ensure a worthy successor, then he is acting as his
> station
> would have him act.  He has already worn the heaviest hat in the

        I feel I must ask, if a former Queen's Champion is fighting in
the QC Tourney, not to win, but to add to the test of skill a potential
candidate faces, would you consider it the same? Especially if they've
already made provision for a 'bow out round' before the tournament
started?

                      Iain MacCrimmon

                    Cave Tyranniam Timorium Suorum