[Ansteorra] king of the east..please pass along

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Jan 20 10:00:27 PST 2003

At 05:24 PM 1/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/19/2003 3:35:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>morgancain at earthlink.net writes:
>
> > I thought they resolved this issue when they addressed the Prince/Duke
> Jafar
> > question, a number of years ago.
> >
> >                                                     ---=
> > Morgan
> >

>      I believe that the rules are pretty clear on this issue.  It looks
> to me like they are requesting an exception to the rule, and asking for
> our help in convincing the BoD to grant them that exception.
>
>Robert

I raised this issue with the BOD a few weeks ago because of this very
instance.  The decision on Jafar was to posthumously award his Ducal rank,
which required a waiving of the completion clause in Corpora.   It was not
a decision on the completion clause itself.  We have seen the completion
clause waived and upheld several times over the last 5 years on a case by
case bases.  I think that given this circumstance that if a ruling
Crown/Coronet were to be called up to active duty and had completed at
least 50% of their reign then the rule should be waived.  But is they have
not completed 50% of their reign as Crown/Coronet then the rule should be
upheld as they have (through no fault of their own) not really served the
Kingdom (Principality) or the populace.   Just my 2.8 cents worth.

Burke