[Ansteorra] king of the east..please pass along

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 11:50:04 PST 2003

Just for anyone who was wondering, I wasn't arguing for or against anything
in this case, just asking questions and stating things "the way I saw them."
:)  That being said, I wanted to ask Sir Burke a question (or series of
questions) based on what he states below.

How wold you define 50%?  Take the number of days between coronations and
divide by 2?  Attend 1/2 or more of the events on the "crown calendar"?
Participate in 2 of the 3 required activities per corpora?

Seriously, my only question was this:  What was the impetus that caused the
rule to be put in place in the first place?  My understanding was that this
rule was put in place essentially due to military individuals on the throne.
That's hearsay because I wasn't around then, so please correct me if I was
misinformed.  But if indeed that's the case and other indivuduals in the
past were denied their rank and estate, be it County or Duchy, due to
mundanely being caused to miss their requirements, why would an exception be
made now?  My question is academic rather than tied to this particular
incident.  The part of me that's met HRM Andreas and likes him wants him to
get his Duchy.  The part of me that thinks too much is curious about it from
an academic standpoint.

All the good powers that be in the universe willing, this will be a moot
subject.  Andreas will come back from active duty and will win another crown
and this subject will have been a tempest in a teapot.  We can all only hope
and pray that all of our people come back after this.

Morgan