[Ansteorra] Fighting Crown "not to win"

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 10:55:24 PST 2003

I have been told that the list for crown is simply the order of presidence folded in half. With this idea and a thorectical list of say 24 fighters,

1 vs 24, 2 vs 23, 3 vs 22, 4 vs 21, 5 vs 20, 6 vs 19, 7 vs 18, 8 vs 17, 9 vs 16, 10 vs 15, 11 vs 14, and 12 vs 13 in the first round. Now if skill were equal to presedence and everyone was having an equal day, round two would look like this

24 vs 22, 20 vs 18, 16 vs 14

Round 3 would be a round robbin of 24, 18, and 16.

Now here is where life gets sticky. If 24 decides to drop out, then he has eliminated fighters 1, 2, 3, 4, 21, 22, and 23 atleast 3 of which, under the really bad assumption, are better than the the winner of the final round of 18 vs. 16

Do fighters dropping out of a list affect the outcome...yes.

Is it a bad thing?...Probably not.

Calantir, I think, does not have rapier as a mode of combat in their kingdom and thus forces their rapier fighters to go out of kingdom to do anything...but the king who removed it from that kingdom said that if anyone else tries to put it back in he would run for crown again and have it outlawed again. I am very happy we do not have these types of problems in our kingdom. If it is prevented by culling the list, great.

As far as throwing a fight, someone already said that is was not chivalrous, and I have to agree.

Well, that is my two cents to go in the trash bin. Have an excellent day.

your servant,

mahee