[Ansteorra] A Challenge . . . .

Susan Wieland swieland at direcway.com
Thu Jul 10 04:00:16 PDT 2003

Alden wrote:

> *S*...it's simple, Pug... Glaslyn is asking the Irises of
> Ansteorra to rise
> to the challenge of Judging...a task usually reserved (nay,
> *restricted*) to
> the Order of the Laurel. I, for one, am heartened by the offer, and the
> trust.
> As to the "several levels" ...if a mere Iris may pre-suppose; I
> assume that
> the will be several categories, and the Canton is requesting a plethora of
> judges to ensure a solid level of competency.

Just my two cents worth before I have to get off the computer and feed
horses...IMHO, there is no such thing as a "mere" Iris.  The Irises are the
heart and soul of the A & S community in Ansteorra.  It is given because one
has shown that they CAN do several arts and do one or more of them very
well.  Its a very worthy order and I am glad to see that we (the Laurels)
are making more use of us (I'm an Iris too) as judges.

Damaris of Greenhill
AST, CIM, OL