[Ansteorra] Theory

isabeau isabeau at ansteorra.net
Wed Jul 23 07:08:42 PDT 2003

>"Politician: Lives in town, but all their interests are in the circles
>of power."
>
>Funny, that's what I was going to say.  Even after reading the other
>suggestions, I'd still stick with this one.  In my experience, the folks who play only
>on the larger, Kingdom scale are more focused on personal agendas and
>political interests.  That isn't to say they don't also serve out of love, but it
>doesn't seem to be the same kind of selfless love and support that people give to
>their local group.

Please realize that alot of people do this because they don't get along with thier neighbors on a personal level.  This has happened ALOT  in my shire.  There have been lots of gentles who, due in a large part to the unpleasant atmosphere locally, become involved at the kingdom level instead of stopping play altogether!  The situation became exacerbated by the missunderstandings of said locals who thought these gentles were only social climbing, when in fact they were seeking a more comfortable place to play.

Isabeau

--
Courtesy is owed, Respect is earned, Love is given