[Ansteorra] Court suggestion

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Thu Jul 3 13:11:13 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 02:42  PM, Susan O'Neal wrote:

> In all the suggestions and comments I have read, I haven't seent this
> one.  Have more courts.  The only hang up is that your friends get an
> award you wanted to be there for and they got it in the morning and
> you expected it in the evening, but spreading the awards out through
> the day keeps each court to a shorter time frame.
>
> Susan the Curious

Actually, we do. :-)

Whenever possible, there is a morning court, an evening court, "drive
by" courts throughout the event, and for some events another court on
Sunday.

You're right; otherwise, if all the business must be conducted in one
monolithic all-encompassing court, they can be tediously long. And you
think the populace has it bad? At least you can quietly leave and come
back if you have to go to the restroom. The royalty, nobility and their
herald(s) are stuck. There's genuine incentive to keep courts to a
manageable duration. :-)

Michael Silverhands