[Ansteorra] Morgan's Observation

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 10:58:08 PDT 2003

Bob Dewart <gilli at hot.rr.com> wrote:
(snipped for brevitys sake)

>I get almost sick every time I'm in a court and they say, "So-n-so has been
>bustin' his/her butt in this Shire for 10 years." And the person gets an
>AoA.

One thing to remember...is that the ten years in question could be a wide range of participation...I know of one instance where I personally wrote a recommendation for someone who had stated they had been in over ten years...but the first five years they only partied in camp...a few years they pretty much did the equivalent of sitting a gate shift per event...and nothing else...and then within that last year they actually had consistant enough participation that I felt they deserved an AoA...my criteria for an AoA is that the person does the equivalent of a year of intense service to a group...some people accomplish that in a a year...some take 14 to accomplish that...don't assume that length of time equals intensity and depth of service...

> Come on folks, we got Peers who became Peers with less than 10 years
>in this thing we call a game. Put some ink on the paper. Hell, the tree is
>already dead!! Use it.

Yup, and if you examine those Peers...they have usually done the equivalent of ten years worth of service...stacked...into short time they were in the SCA...some people do their service like a dotted line...some  like a solid line and some like a wide line...

>Which, reminders me.... I was going to write some up tonight...see ya.
>Hey..You stuck this soap box under me??

>Gilli
Lorraine DeerSlayer