[Ansteorra] Morgan's Observation

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Tue Jul 22 22:33:52 PDT 2003

>Since Morgan C. brought this up...
>
>"It's often a point of discussion how to get such locally-ensconced persons
>noticed, when they don't travel and outsiders don't often see them working."
>
>anybody got any suggestions...?
>
>Lorraine DeerSlayer

Alright ... part of me is telling me I shouldn't write this reply, but I've just got to ask ...

Is this really something we're not good at?  I see people recognized all the time for their hardwork by their local groups, and by the Kingdom with Cranes and Thistles, and other awards.

I think when it comes to the AoA level awards, we do a bang up job of recognizing people.  Above those levels?  Well I am quite certain this will be unpopular, but I expect travel from those who would reach these levels.  I personally believe that a Peer should be a "Peer of the Realm" they should be known for what they do throughout the Kingdom.  Grants?  For Regional work after a long period, I can see a Grant, but local service only, not really.

Does this make me elitist?  I'm sure some will think so.

Lord Timothy of Glastinbury