[Ansteorra] Morgan's Observation

Cam Battaglia momma_cammie at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 07:55:19 PDT 2003

Timothy Rayburn <timothy at elfsea.net> wrote:

Alright ... part of me is telling me I shouldn't write this reply, but I've just got to ask ...
<snip>
.... Above those levels? Well I am quite certain this will be unpopular, but I expect travel from those who would reach these levels. I personally believe that a Peer should be a "Peer of the Realm" they should be known for what they do throughout the Kingdom. Grants? For Regional work after a long period, I can see a Grant, but local service only, not really.

Does this make me elitist? I'm sure some will think so.

Lord Timothy of Glastinbury

Elitist ... perhaps.  Your theory is sound, but doesn't take into consideration those among us who are limited in their travel by one or more of many factors ... health, monetary constraints, mobility, just to name a few.  While their hearts/minds/hands may be eager to achieve these ends, sometimes "life intrudes" and they are tied to service/play in a limited arena.

Should these good gentles be held back from a richly deserved award/honor merely because they are not blessed with the ability to play this game to the extent that you and some others believe is necessary to receive such an honor?  Should they be held back ... and sometimes discouraged and embittered ... because they cannot be seen by the entire kingdom?

Ly. Katrina Alyse Argo
a.k.a. Momma Cammie
m.k.a. Cam Battaglia