[Ansteorra] Volunteers needed for Kitchen -- Westgate Winter Collegium August 9

Tom & Kim Smith smithfamily at paxway.com
Thu Jul 31 21:49:13 PDT 2003

Call for volunteers
1. We  will accept any veg from your garden that need to be eaten, specifically looking for something green, squash or zucchini. (I know, I know, not period....) Did you know that August 8 is "the national leave some zucchini on someone's doorstep night" ? please let me know in advance if you can help, so i don't go out and buy excess veg that morning.

2. We have servers and cleanup crew, but will always welcome help....

3. Cooks needed in kitchen:
I am assigning specific dishes to specific volunteers

pies ( finish the baking in the early morning. frozen pies are 3/4 cooked)
soup (assemble precooked beans/precooked mirepoix, heat, correct the seasoning, need strong arms to stir thick soup often/constantly, chop green onion spinkles)
bread and butter (lay out bread on each table, dish out butter for each table)
carrots (clean and slice, cook carrots in chicken stock, reduce by half, add butter/ brown sugar glaze)
pork (season pork, roast in oven, deglaze, make sauce, we have a slew of Westgate volunteers with electric knives to carve)
"berf" kemma will do this
Roast green veg ( clean veg, slice, season, oil, roast)
rice ( know how to cook two large pots of rice? takes skill)
lemonade (make and fill the two large coolers with ice water and lemonade)

If you can help, it will be very much appreciated!
Sincerely,
Kemma Delamare
Mundanely known as Kim Smith