[Ansteorra] Just a Question

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Jun 30 07:03:38 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:42:30PM -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >Zubeydah wrote:
> >Okay, maybe this is really naieve....  but why can't the person
> >nearest, or
> >most annoyed by the chat, simply stand, walk over, and quietly and
> >politely
> >ask them to lower their voices or move away from court?  Why does it
> >have to
> >be a peer, noble, or other individual?
>
> Because it often doesn't work if you are not a Peer or a Noble.

This may be, but it does not excuse you from at least *trying* the
"please be a bit quieter" approach first.  Not even attempting it,
because you're not a peer, and then griping later on a list such as this
may (or may not) help solve the general problem of talking too loudly
during court, but certainly will not solve the specific problem of that
specific court.

And besides, what ever happens if you do someday become a peer or a
noble?  You've gotten no practice at asking people to please be quiet,
but I guess experience with the best phrasing and such comes magically
imbued in that hat or regalia, huh?

(Please note: the 'you' above is a generic one, not specifically Stefan
or anyone else!)

-Emma de Fetherstan

--
Jennifer Smith