[Ansteorra] Just a Question

Scott and Susan MBC71798 at itlnet.net
Sat Jun 28 23:50:42 PDT 2003

I can understand that not every one enjoys going to court at an event. However, Since when is it acceptable to visit with friends during court. Its not just a newbie thing any more. I have seen Peers and Nobility stand in the back of court and carry on a conversation that could have been held either farther away from court or at thier encampment. What has happened to the basic rules of politeness. This last weekend was the Academy of the Bow/ The Investiture of a new Baron. If you were not sitting infront of the court, you couldn't hear to save your life due to the amount of people standing around shooting the breeze. There is a time and a place for things......
And if we are to look up to the Nobility and Peers, how does it look if Duke or Count(ect) so and so are carrying on a conversation in a normal voice in the back of court? What example are we giving to the next generation of players. What I was taught how to play was to treat others as you would like them to treat you, as if it was your court. If it was your court that was going on, and you were sitting the throne, would you like it to happen to you??

Lady Susannah Blackthorne
House Snowdragon