[Ansteorra] Just a Question

Beth Hansen Beth at stormreaver.net
Sun Jun 29 19:37:21 PDT 2003

Okay, maybe this is really naieve....  but why can't the person nearest, or
most annoyed by the chat, simply stand, walk over, and quietly and politely
ask them to lower their voices or move away from court?  Why does it have to
be a peer, noble, or other individual?

I guess I'm seeing this as a common courtesy issue involving a group of
_people_... not just folks in the role we take on in the SCA....

or is this a hierarchy issue rather than a manners issue?

curiously,

- Zubeydah

Post Script: I know we try to remove modern things as much as possible, but
a microphone / pa system would be *Really* cool. I haven't been able to hear
about 75% of that which is said at court, unless the person was standing,
projecting, and probably the herald themselves.