[Ansteorra] Black Star & the Post Office

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Mar 26 12:06:36 PST 2003

Greetings to the Populace and Friends of Ansteorra

Seeing that many folks have not received their April Black Stars either,
I broke down and contacted the Post Office.

My first thought was to file a complaint on-line, but the appropriate
'form' did not appear available.  So I called 1-800-ASK-USPS (275-8777),
pressed 1, and told it "Other Requirements".  This led me to choose 2, to
reach an operator, which I am pleased to say took less than 30 seconds.
I described the problem to the woman on the phone, who took *my* info,
the zip code in Houston where I think 'my club newsletter' is being
mailed from, and gave me a Case #.  She could not recommend how long it
would be before there would be any action, and told me I would have to
call back to find out any info.

Being unsatisfied with this, and not willing to let my fellow members be
frustrated as well, I went to my local brick and mortar Post Office.  I
once again described the problem (adding that this has been a problem
statewide), and the people there recommended I complete a Consumer
Service Card (PS Form 4314-C).  This at least has a tracking No. and a
promise from the Post Office that you will be contacted by the Post
office.

In Service to the Dream
Lady Francesca Laviana Sansovino
Barony of the Steppes