[Ansteorra] Waterlord progression

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Mon May 26 14:55:22 PDT 2003

At 01:36 PM 5/26/03 -0500, you wrote:

>My first Warlord(Waterlord) ws nine years ago and it was called Waterlord
>then. So unless you are living in a cave or very new you should have had a
>clue that wet things may happen at Warlord. I have made about 4 counting
>this last one and they have had rain at most of them I just usually left
>before it started. I have heard that Warlord was moved to the Canton site
>because it outgrew the prior site, is that right?

That is correct, the original Warlord site was near Grapevine, northwest of
Dallas. Warlord did, indeed, get too big for that site. We used to get rain
and sometimes heavy storms there, but I don't think there was a flooding
problem such as happens at the Canton site.

>Warlord is a rather large
>event, but it is "just a Baronial Champion event". More that one or two
>people just plan to stay in motels for Waterlord because of the known
>weather history.

The last time I went to Warlord was two or three years ago. We stayed in a
motel, but still had weather-problems: 50 mph winds that trashed all but
two or three of the pavilions around the list field. I was lucky; I saw the
storm coming and had most of our stuff packed in the car before it hit, but
the wind still bent several of the poles on our pavilion (note that these
are 1.25" steel pipes on one of the 10x20 foot "garage" pavilions.)

We've decided that the easiest way to deal with the Warlord weather is to
just stay home on Memorial Day weekend.

	-Tivar Moondragon