[Ansteorra] deer hide tanning

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 17:12:46 PST 2003

Lord Skerri asked:
> A co-worker of mine that does black powder hunting is giving me a
> complete untreated deer hise in about 4 hours.  How do I tan it?
There is some info in these files in the CRAFTS section of the
Florilegium:
lea-tanning-msg   (57K)  1/17/00    How to tan leather. Types of
tanning.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/lea-tanning-msg.html
leather-msg       (65K) 11/14/01    Working with leather. tanning.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/leather-msg.html

If the info in these files is not detailed enough there are also two
bibliographies on leather in this section.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com