[Ansteorra] Award Query

Don and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 04:25:26 PST 2003

Personally I think we in ansteorra are getting to cnetered on 'awards'. I
honestly don't think we need merit badges for each and every thing. Slowly
but surely we are getting Grant level awards for everything. (strangely
there are still no Armigerous level awards for anything but a basic AoA,
A&S, and Service. No marshal or armed activities at all.)

I would like to see alot more recognition in the way of people saying thank
you, both privately and in court. even a single peice or small basket of
largess. These things don't have to be given to just one person, you can
thank a group, you can give a basket with a selection of trinkets that can
be shared amoungst a group.

Sure we genreally expect our landed nobels and our peers as well as our
court nobles to do this sort of thing, but hey Franchise is a knightly
virtue that any one can practice. If you feel a group of people should be
praised for what they are doing, tell them, tell the world, tell them, get a
bard to write a poem of praise and perform it in their honor, but let us not
forget that the two words "thank you" go a long way and aren't used nearly
enough.

In Faith
Darius of the Bells, OL
'qui fi non sum'