[Ansteorra] Award Query

James Crouchet jtc at swordworks.org
Tue Oct 28 09:21:59 PST 2003

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 06:25 am, Don and Monica wrote:
> Personally I think we in ansteorra are getting to cnetered on 'awards'.
> I honestly don't think we need merit badges for each and every thing.
> Slowly but surely we are getting Grant level awards for everything.

Master Darius,

It is good to hear from you. I trust you will not take offense if I offer
debate on a minor part of your thesis.

I don't think Ansteorra creating "grant level awards for everything" is all
about people needing merit badges. Remember they are grant level ORDERS
and I suspect the reason for them is to give those activities a guiding
body and a strong connection to the crown as much as it is to recognize
accomplishment. The discussions I saw when those orders were being
considered certainly took into account the fact that the new members would
be leaders and representatives of the community.

In the end I expect the orders for archery and equestrian to become more
akin to the White Scarf than to the Iris and Star.

> (strangely there are still no Armigerous level awards for anything but a
> basic AoA, A&S, and Service. No marshal or armed activities at all.)

Not so strange when you see the new grants as working orders and not just
awards.

Stay well,

Doré