[Ansteorra] Award Query

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Wed Oct 29 10:48:12 PST 2003

I have been reading this thread for two days now and it seems the longer it
goes on, the farther away it gets from the original idea.  I ask you to
re-read the question Lorraine put before us.

>The current system of recognition in our Kingdom mostly rewards individual
>effort and achievement. But often there are groups of people whose service
>together is so tied together and so above and beyond that it is hard to
>single out individuals to award...
>
>What kind of recognition do you think could be given to these kind groups?
Nothing was said about an individual award; she is asking about recognition
for a group  (household, canton, shire, barony,etc) of people that have
worked together (without confusion) really well, in a timely manner, to
accomplish something of service for all.

It could be something as simple(?) as a phone call on Tuesday night saying
that no one had planned the Royals luncheon at Crown Tourney this
weekend.  Could your group handle this for me?  Then when the time came
They were served the best ever food, in the most period setting ever, with
such style as to surprise everybody and with smiles and courtesies all around.

You get the idea; something not planned on or something done in a way that
is so much more outstanding than was expected, by a group of people that
can work together well enough to know what the other one wants without
having to be told.

If I am way off base Lorraine, then please elaborate more on your idea.

As far as the method of recognition goes, I like the idea of a pennant to
hang with the groups device.  It would come from the King and Queen, saying
"we saw or heard about what you all did.  WOW."  That's all that is needed.

Bicé
The long winded with many words.