[Ansteorra] Award Query

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 04:32:27 PST 2003

In a message dated 10/29/2003 12:46:28 AM Central Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:
See someone that has been laboring setting up the pavilions for an
event in the sun? Don't have any largess handy? Go to the trouble to
bring them a cold, refreshing drink and say thank you. Like many have
said, it is the thought that counts.
There was a time when you would never dream of going to an event without
having the ice chest stocked with drinks (make your own list) or having all sorts
of food to offer. A cold or warm drink, depending on the weather, were highly
sought after.

Now I am going to get a little technical with everyone. What I enjoyed about
the SCA is that we promoted doing the right thing for the right reason. We
encouraged intrinsic motivation. There were many rewards that were transient but
helped to develop the internal drive. ( My lady can I fill your drinking horn.
Come to my camp later and I will have a cold drink waiting for you.) In a
world were we mainly see what will you give me if I ..... I found it refreshing.
Donnel