Office was[Ansteorra] best of the best

Zach hellbilly_tx at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 07:29:08 PST 2003

I just got finished reading my posts and noticed that I come off as someone who wants no office.  Well in truth I would take an office to help the group if it was in something that I enjoyed and that I felt I could really help the group.  I believe that it is important to do your part to make the group a fun safe place to play. I don’t know what that position is and I am not actively going to seek out responsibility, but hey you never know!  I guess that there are levels of involvement depending on what office you decide to hold.  I can only imagine that being a combat marshal for a shire is much less involved then that of kingdom combat marshal.

For now I am just going to work on my fighting, and maybe pick out a Persona and heraldry.

On that note you might have noticed that I like an interesting conversations and some of my questions are as much a curiosity of mine as they are simply an attempt to get people thinking and talking. So on that note

What Office have you held that you had the most fun with? (This is an open question)

Zach the asker of many questions

L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:In both Queen's and King's Champion Tourneys you will find good fighters but if you win the end result is that you have a JOB...a very honoured job but it's still a job...and not being able to carry out that position in an expected manner will result in long term damage to your reputation...

The best way to contest yourself against persons of great skill is to travel, fight in many tournaments and ask those you deem of "higher caliber" or of different skill to do pick-up fights after they are out of the tournament...

Lorraine DeerSlayer

ThoraOdottir at aol.com wrote:
Good question and good point. I would venture a guess that a large baronial
level competion for Chivalric champion would be a good place for Heavy and
probably Queen's Champion for Rapier.

Anyone else ready to venture a guess?

Perhaps it is time for a Kingdom Level tourney of the Baronial champions?

Thora
DFT