[Ansteorra] New Award Ideas

Synrik synrik at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 30 23:27:51 PST 2003

For those that have some of the well over 2000 site tokens (mostly rings
and coins) that I have made over the years and have wove them into their
persona, I'd like to say thank you.  There is nothing that makes an
artist who decides to step into the area of production work happier than
to see an old token still being worn and/or used.

And in fact I know of artists who have been commissioned by others in
the SCA to make all kinds of Largess and 'cookies' for various fields of
endeavors.  Like several of the Bards of Ansteorra giving largess to
those they thought did a good job.  Does it get listed in the OP?  No.
But I think that this sort of one-on-one sort of attention has much more
meaning in it in some ways than being hauled up in court.  They are a
Peer of Peer's, a chosen master of their craft.  And a notice by them
makes a lot of difference.