[Ansteorra] Question 4/24

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Sat Apr 24 22:16:54 PDT 2004

$4.50 more than when?

When I bought my truck in 1998, gas was hovering right around $0.95 cents a
gallon or so... The truck got between 15 and 18 mpg on the highway, so it cost
me approximately 5 to 6 pennies per mile... Pretty small... A 250 mile trip down
to DFW area only would cost me $25 round trip... Now, with gas up to $1.65 or
more a gallon, and the truck's mileage fallen to 13-15 mpg, I get 10 to 11 cents
per mile.  A jump in price of $25.

Now, granted, that's only $25, but hey, every bit counts.  I don't think it will
adjust the events I go to, but may end up becoming the straw that broke the
camel's back, i.e. "it’s a long week, I'm tired, it’s a long drive, AND its
going to cost a lot in gas."

Jean Paul