[Ansteorra] Seeking source for copper clasps

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 15:32:49 PDT 2004

Greetings Zubeydah,

I believe Thomas the Lapidary had some clasps of copper at the last
Gulf War. I think the ones I saw were copper leafs, but I'm sure he
could create something different, but the time is short.

The business card I have from him gives this website,
ThomastheLapidary.com and an email address of Thlapidary at aol.com

He is up in the Indiana (the Middle Kingdom?). I can send the rest of
his contact info by email if you wish.

I have bought from him and he has done some special work for me for
several years. Currently I have a sword scabbard tip on commission from
him.

Stefan

On Apr 11, 2004, at 4:56 PM, Zubeydah wrote:
> Please pardon the bandwidth, but I'm trying to find any source for
> *copper* clasps, such as could be used on a cloak or garb. Not
> terribly big, ideally around 1" wide each of the pair.  I can find
> gold, antique gold, silver, pewter, etc... but copper has eluded me
> for hours of Googling and Ebaying and calling local sewing stores.
>
> Anyone know of an artisan or vendor that makes them or can get them?
> They're needed for a project within the next two weeks... and time's
> starting to run short.
>
> Grateful for any assistance,
>
> -Zubeydah Jamilla Al-Badawiyya

--------