[Ansteorra] FW: Elfsea Defender A&S

Sandra Gutridge siobhanon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 31 11:40:10 PDT 2004

Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye! Come one, Come all! Now is the time to plan to
enter one or more of the competitions for the Arts and Sciences at Elfsea's
Defender XXI. There will be something for everyone!

I       The New Artisan's Competition

This competition is geared toward the unseasoned artisans. I request you use
your own discretion as to whether or not this competition applies to you.
The rules are simple:

1.    If you feel intimidated by the thought of entering an A&S competition

2.    If you have only started doing A&S and do not feel up to competing
with seasoned artisans

3.    If you are new to A&S and/or have entered several competitions but do
not know what you are doing wrong

4.    If, for any reason, you have avoided entering competitions but would
like to try

This competition is for you. Documentation is requested, I would like for
everyone to try, but not required. It will be a populous vote. Please keep
your entry small, one or just a few of your favorite things.

II      Small Body of Work

This competition is for the serious competitors. But since space in the hall
is limited, I request that you keep you entry small but spectacular. We must
share the hall with vendors, feast, and court. Documentation is required.
This is a good time to start preparing for the Gulf Wars Competition. Work
in progress is acceptable as long as you specify how the final product will
be presented.

III     The Heraldic Competition

This competition is for fun. It will include as much of the following as you
wish to include:

1.      Voice Heraldry       If you do not have the voice, you are allowed
to hire one, or use your child.

2.      Heraldic Garb

3.      Heraldic List Pavilion

4.      Presentation

This competition will be judged by Their Excellencies, Baron Armand and
Baroness Ameline of Elfsea. One of the prizes for this competition will be a
banner bearing the arms of the winner. This competition is for persons or
families. I love to see children strutting around matching their parents.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Siobhan Inghean Duinn Ui Neill

Minister of Arts and Sciences         Elfsea

Mundanely:        Sandee Gutridge

                        8358 Big Horn Way

                        Fort Worth, TX   -76137-

                        817-656-1242

                        siobhanon at sbcglobal.net

Give a lie a head start, and the truth will never catch up.