[Ansteorra] It's the end... but the moment has been prepared for

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 13:28:11 PDT 2004

We are nearly at the end of preparations for this coming weekend's Mid Summer Knight's Dream XII, but the fun is just beginning. From the Midnight Boffer Dagger Duel to the Clash of the Chitons Tourney there's no limit to the excitement we have planned (including TWO Loot Tourneys).

You want Archery? We HAVE Archery hosted by Lagerdamm's own William Drynok.

You want A&S? We HAVE A&S: (1) Greek or Roman in any Medium (2) Open Catagory A&S (populace judged, item made on site).

Let's not forget the (infamous) Smythkepe Quest hosted by Seamas MacDhabid, Smythkepe's Questmaster Supreme.

And don't forget feast prapared by our own Amber Morgan and featuring such delacies as Chicken Kreplach , Garlic Stuffed Roast,  Dates Alexandrine, Charry Cheese tarts and so much more, including pizza on Sunday night (ooohhh... gimme a pizza that).

Oh yes, and classes too (Lady Eva would never forgive me if I didn't mention classes):

  a.. Wire Weaving for Jewelery
  b.. Beginning Cross Stitch
  c.. Intoduction to List Mistressing
  d.. Introduction to Shoe Making (tentative)
  e.. How to make a Chiton or Toga (bring your own fabric, please)
  f.. Making a Beltbook
  g.. Introduction to Middle Eastern Dance
  h.. Rapier 101
  i.. What You Need to Authorize in Rapier
  j.. Introduction to Youth Combat & Armor Making
  k.. SCA Fighting for the New Fighter
  l.. You Too Can be a Bard (an introduction to the Bardic Arts)
  m.. You Fight Like a Girl (a Woman's Psychological Aspect in Fighting)
Did I mention the merchants? We have a nice diversity of merchants ready to serve you:

  a.. All the Trimmings
  b.. Olivia's Closet
  c.. That Special Touch / Fantasy Cutlery
  d.. Pedlar's Pack
  e.. Something to Bragg About
  f.. Ursula's Adornments
  g.. Old World Merchants
  h.. Joysain's Body Art & Marchant's Caravan's
  i.. Lady Alina's Willow
And, as always, we have a few surprises planned (heh-heh-heh). What are they? Well, you'll just have to come out and see for yourself. ;) ;)

Are there any questions?
  (Yeah, how do I get there?)

>From the North or West:
Take your best route to I-40 Exit 7 (I-540 / US 71 South Van Buren/ Ft Smith)

Follow I-540 to Exit 12 (US 71 South Texarkana)

Exit and turn left (South) on US 71 and folllow 35 miles to Arkansas 23 (there's a Rest Area at the intersection)

Turn left (North) on AR 23 and follow approx 6 miles to Boy Scout Road (watch for a brown sign saying Rogers Scout Reservation)

Turn right (east) on Boy Scout Road and follow the SCA signs to the site (approx 2 miles)

>From the East:

Take your best route to I-40 and go west to Exit 37 (AR 23 Ozark/Huntsville)

Go left (south) on AR 23 and follow 42 miles to Boy Scout Road (watch for a brown sign saying Rogers Scout Reservation)

Turn left (east) on Boy Scout Road and follow SCA signs to the site (approx 2 miles)

>From the South:

Take your best route to US 71 at Mena, AR

Continue on US 71 north 45 miles to Jct AR 23 (there's a Rest Area at the intersection)

Turn right (North) on AR 23 and follow approx 6 miles to Boy Scout Road (watch for a brown sign saying Rogers Scout Reservation)

Turn right (East) on Boy Scout Road and follow the SCA signs to the site (approx 2 miles)

Any other questions?
  (Yeah! Where's your web page?)
http://www.smythkepe.org/pages/3/index.htm

Anything else?
  (Ummm... what's the Roman Orgy Tourney?)
I'm sorry... you'll have to ask our Rapier Marshall Lord Regne about that one and he's not telling ;)

Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin)
Merchant-crat Mid Summer Knight's Dream XII
September 3-6
Shire of Smythkepe
http://www.smythkepe.org/pages/3/index.htm