[Ansteorra] Questions 12/14

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 20:39:43 PST 2004

As I see it, to exist as an orgainization , each part of the organization has responsibilities at it's level and to other parts of the organization so that the whole organization continues to exist.

In my mind, SCA at the Corporate Level exists as an umbrella part of our organization to provide a baseline of safety protocol; set policies and procedures as needed to maintain the structure of the SCA; to be the final decision making body in regard to problems; and to ensure that we have insurance.  In short...to create, protect, and ensure the maintenance of the "stage" upon which we all "play."

SCA at the Kingdom Level, to me, has dual responsibilities. One is to maintain the structure as set forth by Corporate, the other is to maintain the "feudal/play" side of the SCA that is our base culture.  In maintaining the structure the Kingdom Level has the responsibility to inform the populace on procedures and policies; to support groups and help them grow and prosper; and to enforce procedures and policies.  On the feudal/play side, to me, the responsibilities are to maintain the SCA/Feudal culture as stated within the bounds of Corpora, the Bylaws and Kingdom Law; to maintain and enhance the culture of "Ansteorra"; to maintain and initiate inter-Kingdom relationships; to proved incentives and opportunity to bring out and show off the best in our people and; to award and reward the populace of the kingdom as the Crown deems appropriate.

Now my questions are:

1. What do you see as the responsibilities of groups in regard to assisting the Kingdom Level fulfill their responsibilities?

2. What do you see as the responsibilities of the groups to their populace?

3. What do you see as the populace's responsibility to the group?