[Ansteorra] Fund raising for Shanahan the Fey of Stargate

Jan Aarons loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 00:00:48 PDT 2004

I am hosting a garage sell weekend after next to help raise some money so I might help out Mistress Shanahan. I will send the proceeds to the address posted. I wish to say that Thank God for this wonderful kingdom of Ansteorra as being a receiver of its wonderful generosity when I lost my house to a fire, all the wonderful generosity was overwhelming. The last time I checked that was what life is all about the helping of our neighbors in their time of need, I do not have alot at this moment but I do have some stuff in my storage building that didn't burn to offer up a garage sale. And I will make a donation to help out as I feel the need to return some of the kindness shown to me by this wonderful kingdom. And to reply to: "However, I would never dream of asking other members of my kingdom to help me financially."  The point is, you should not have to ask your friends and neighbors they will offer there help willingly, if they know of your hardship. I read the original email Mistress
 Shanahan posted simply ask for help in moving and she also offered up rewards for helping simply if there were any items left behind that any person helping may take what they would like. A friend explained her situation and offered and posted a message of help. But, I am offering help simply because that makes me feel better to help out someone else. Wait I have a proposal and I will start it tomorrow. If each person in Ansteorra mail $5 to Mistress Shanahan can you imagine how much help we can provide her. And for the cost of a stamp and a five dollar check you just repaid one of those debts, you know the one's we all have, like the day your child was sick and you said god please let my child be okay I would give anything for them to be okay? Well, you were granted a small wish of help. And now you can repay that help by giving to someone else in their time of need. I am simply giving up a 12 pack of cokes that I spend $4.35 on to send a small donation and hope that everyone else
 will do the same to help change someone's life in a good way. Just think if 100 people give $5 we will all together make a wonderful donation to help out a sister in need. Pause, sorry had to run out and place my envelop in the mail with my $5 donation so it will go off tomorrow morning. Don't think for one minute $5 doesn't make a difference it will and it does. Your $5 with my $5 will add up and make a big difference. And now tag your it to do the same!

Address envelop to:
Diann Thedford
c/o Lancaster Community Association
19831 Stoney Haven Dr.
Cypress, TX  77433

In Service, Love of Halesworth

"D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net> wrote:
Hoever, I would never dream of asking
> other members of my kingdom to help me financially.

I don't believe that Mistress Shanahan is asking for financial help. I
believe that is a suggestion by H.E. Mistress Hillary.

The generousity which is Ansteorra can express itself in a number of ways.
If you live too far away to help. If you can not for whatever reason offer
her a place in your home. If you can not store any of her things. Then, for
some of us, a way to help out someone who is one of those responsible for us
being able to be here in the first place by sending somewhat of our own
fortune is a *good thing*.

Thank you, Mistress Hillary, for posting that information. We will all do
what we can, in our own way, and with grateful hearts that we are not (at
this time) needing such help ourselves.

Annes
Dear God, Help me to be the person my
dog thinks I am. Amen