[Ansteorra] Questions 7/18

Wolfger von Sibenburgen wolfgervon at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 12:40:21 PDT 2004

Here is an answer from someone who rarely leaves the
North, and rarely even attends events IN the North
that are not put on by my local Shire. (I tend to be
very introverted.)

> 1. What attracted you to the SCA?

I was returning items that had come into my
possession. I was intriqued by what I saw and stayed
around.

> 2. What is your perspective of what the SCA is to
> you?

A chance to be social, also a place where my artistic
asperations are useful.

> 3. Where do you invest the most time and energy in
> the SCA (household, local group, kingdom, specific
> activity)

Local

> 4. How long before you started to take initiative in
> the SCA (applying for an office, organizing an
> activity, etc.?)

3-4 years.

> 5. Were there instances that could have "run you out
> of the SCA"..why did they not...or why did you come
> back?

Yes there were, but I event so rarely that it never
really drove me away.

> 6. How long before you burned out? Why did you burn
> out? Is there anything anyone could have done to
> help keep you from "burning out"?

There have been times that I have gone inactive that I
term my burn-outs. These have been times that mundane
life has, for one reason or another, needed to be my
sole focus.

> 7. What do you get out of the SCA?

This seems to be much the same as question 2.

> 8. If you have your AoA...how long did you get it
> after starting to participate in the SCA?

3-4 years.

> and last but not least...why do you think that
> people should join the SCA and stay in it?

This seems to me to be a very broad question. I think
that the reasons can be so particular to each person
that a single response cannot hope to answer it.

Wolfger von Sibenburgen