[Ansteorra] AAA memories

Jill Scoggins celestriaceltanhomme at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 10:51:57 PDT 2004

Getting back to doing what I first fell in love with the SCA...Waterbearing.  I remember waterbearing with my 3 month son on my back.  It has always been fun.  I had forgotten.  It is a marvelous way to meet people, especially being fairly new to the kingdom.  I have to admit I also enjoyed being dubbed 'Lady of the Mist' by so many different fighters (no, you weren't each coming up with a new original line -several called me that. :)  ) It was rather entertaining spraying the fighters down with a hose.  Not to mention very benifical.  Many thanks to the Lady that provided the shower attachment.

My next good memory was meeting so many wonderful people in the populace by giving walk by massages or those that stopped by to get a massage.  This is truly a rich kingdom.  The variety of members in their talents and personalities makes this a wonderful kingdom to have moved to and participate.  I learned a lot about the kingdom by hearing everyone's fond memories of events and suchwhile giving the massages.

Thank you for making it such a wonderful event.

In Service,

Lady Celestria of Celtanhomme

> "D. Vandever" wrote:
> Mistress Lorraine asked this on the Ravensfort list and it has generated some wonderful emails. I thought I'd take her question/request to a broader venue. It was basically:
>
> What are your most vivid and/or interesting memories of our Argent Anniversary?
>
> Annes
> (Sitting back and waiting for history to be recorded)
> Dear God, Help me to be the person
> my dog thinks I am. Amen

Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by a
competent historian. --Lee Simonson