[Ansteorra] SCA Trailers?

Leofric Ealdricson lealdricson at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:54:13 PDT 2004

For years, I stored my camping gear in a trailer.  I had a 10'x6' trailer
that held camping gear for 2 adults and 5 kids.  My camping gear lived in
the trailer.  I never had any problems with it getting wet.  The only thing
that I did not store in the trailer were candles (tried it, didn't work).

Mine was a Well Cargo brand trailer.  The trailer had a steel frame, steel
ribs and aluminum outer skin.  I would get the side door.  It makes it a lot
easier to get to things.

My recommendation would be to get an enclosed trailer.  Stack all of your
stuff up and see how big a trailer you will need.  the length will be
determined by your longest item.  Remember that the size of an enclosed
trailer is the OUTSIDE dimensions. the inside will be 2" - 3" smaller.
Therefor, an 8' pole will not fit straight down the inside wall of a 5'x8'
trailer.

Most trailers of this size (5x8 or 6x10) will have an axle rated at 2000lb.
That is NOT enough to carry all of the stuff that could be put in the
trailer.  I had my trailer upgraded to a 3200lb axle and I could stuff it to
the gills and it didn't even flinch (went to Gulf Wars that way a couple of
times).  Definitely consider an upgrade to the axle.

Other than that, shop around for a good buy but remember that you will get
what you pay for.  A quality trailer will last for a long time and will hold
it's resale value.

Regards
Leofric Ealdricson