[Ansteorra] Fw: Stolen Property Alert

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 29 10:10:00 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Tinker

This is copied directly from the link:

UPDATE!!! 6/29/2004 - 08:00 EDT

Yet another sword must be added to the list. A flamberge rapier with a nickel plated guard crafted by Scott and is irreplaceable. We've included pictures below.

Also, we have set up a reward fund for the person who supplies information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the theft. The reward amount is not being posted as it has been growing with donations from within our membership. We are hoping this leads to the recovery of our lost equipment.

In the event the equipment is anonymously returned, we won't be asking further questions.

Updated to add another sword and photos 6/28/2004 - 22:30 EDT

Between Saturday, June 26, 2004, 7PM EDT and Sunday, June 27, 2004, 8AM EDT, members of Autumn Tree Productions, which includes ATACC, ATJ and GBU, were the victims of theft. In the darkness of night, someone went into the joust camp and staging area of the Vermont Renaissance Faire and stole approximate $4000 worth of armored and stage combat weapons, garb, armor and tools. When possible, we will try to add pictures of the stolen items. We're searching archive photos and video for images we can use here. Please keep checking back for updates.

Most of these items are irreplaceable, being custom made for their owners, sometimes by their owners. Please keep on the lookout and send any information you may have to stolen at gbuonline.com or stolen at autumntreeproductions.com.

The items stolen primarily belonged to Scott Rodlin, Stephen Pasker and Henry Arredondo.

Scott Rodlin:
  a.. Flamberge Rapier, nickel guard, irreplaceable pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
  b.. Long sword, double ring guard pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5 pic6 pic7
  c.. Long sword, rain guard pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
  d.. Hand-and-a-half sword, cresent guard pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5
  e.. Rondell Dagger (Thumbtack of doom) pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
  f.. Sword breaker (War comb) pic1
  g.. Starfire(tm) Dagger, small, blue wrapped handle
  h.. Arming sword - blue leather handle
  i.. Arming sword - green leather handle pic1
  j.. One handed battle axe (often referred to as "multi tool")
  k.. Flail
  l.. Horseman's Backsword pic1 pic2 pic3
  m.. Horseman's sword (cross guard, purple handle, crosses in guard) pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5
  n.. Starfire(tm) Light sword, 1" width, 30" Length
  o.. Ryobi Cordless Drill
  p.. "Knight Gear(tm)" duffel bag
Stephen Pasker:
  a.. Long sword, cross guard pic2 pic4
  b.. Starfire(tm) dagger, long, rope wrapped
  c.. Bosch cordless tool combo kit (drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw)
Henry Arredondo:
  a.. Longs word, cross guard pic1
  b.. Arming sword, tan handle, scroll guard, sheath pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
  c.. Chainmail half shirt
  d.. Black knee high boots with spurs
  e.. Maroon Renaissance Shirt pic1
  f.. Black gauntlets, maroon cuff pic1
  g.. Pewter Mug
  h.. Booda (water skin)
  i.. Leather Pouch
  j.. 3 black gym bags
Autumn Tree Productions:
  a.. Two Spears
  b.. Shortsword, crescent guard (effectionately known as "beer")
This is not a joke, this is not a prank, this is theft. When we find the thief, they will be prosecuted. The faire community it small and these weapons are easy to spot. We have lots of eyes helping us. Please help spread the word among re-enactment groups, LARPs, the SCA and whereever you think is appropriate.

---