[Ansteorra] Library shelves at Argent Anniversary

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 13:43:17 PDT 2004

Greetings Good Gentles of Ansteorra,

The Library at Argent Anniversary could use help with shelves.

We anticipate a great many books will be generously loaned -- even more than
the 400+ we had at the first Library at Steppes Warlord. We asked folks to
bring their books in milk crates to build the shelves from.

I had no idea milk crates came in so many shapes and sizes these days. All
mine are the old standard heavy duty cube type straight from the Dairy. The
lighter-weight ones available at Walmart are not very sturdy when laid on their
sides to display books. We managed fine at the first Library by placing these
few lite crates on the top tier of the stack, but with more books expected it
would be best to plan something more sturdy.

Can anyone arrange for us to borrow some old style heavy duty Dairy milk
crates?  These will build a very nice wall of books, and I know from experience
they can handle the weight of the books.

If you can loan us any other types of shelving materials or can help with
transport, please contact me.

There is no budget for the Library so buying stuff is not an option.

Thank you

HL Ciard O'Seachnasaigh
MoAS Barony of the Steppes