[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars

Clarissa di Firenze seneschal at ansteorra.org
Fri Mar 5 15:57:17 PST 2004

Greetings to Ansteorra!

All this arguing and accusations back and forth are not accomplishing anything.  There is resentment regarding some aspect of the war in all three kingdoms. Whether it is losing a war point, or not enough porta johns, or misunderstandings about how involved folks are or want to be, or fighter quality, or a battle timeslot, or some aspect of  volunteering, or whatever, some group is unhappy.  Innuendo, accusations and counter-accusations about what happened at past wars ARE NOT helping.

PLEASE, if you are going to Gulf Wars, support Their Royal Majesties, Miquel & Conal, support this Great Kingdom of Ansteorra, and support our war with Trimaris as guests in the lands of Meridies. Enjoy the war, fight the battles, participate in the parties, talk around the campfires, volunteer so things can run smoothly - in short, do at the war whatever you usually do and remember to enjoy yourselves!

I know that many in our kingdom cannot attend the War this year because of economic or personal reasons. Our kingdom has certainly been hard hit by the slow economy. If you are not going to the War for whatever reason, then take that week and relax and research something new (ok, I'm a Laurel!).

We will all meet again soon during the Spring Tourney season in Ansteorra!  We will enjoy the stories of honor and glory from Gulf Wars.  We will enjoy hearing the stories of camaraderie with the many kingdoms that attend Gulf Wars.  We will *really* enjoy passing on the new research.

We must move beyond where we are now and return to the joy of being with our friends near and far and accomplishing Great Things!

Vivat Ansteorra!

Baroness Clarissa di Firenze, OL
Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra
seneschal at ansteorra.org