[Ansteorra] Swordsmith vs CBS Channel 2, NY City

Jan Aarons loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 15:36:28 PDT 2004

I am outraged at the scornful remarks made by obviously uneducated people however this guy could of applied for a business license and a tax ID number since he is selling his items. All our vendor have to have them. I guarantee if the guy would of had a business license the city manager wouldn't of been outraged since they would of been getting there fair share in license fees and taxes. And they would of known of the business and it wouldn't of been a surprise to the city. Please don't get me wrong, I am not defending the government because I believe they have their hands in to much of our lives as it is but I wish for you to see the other side of the coin as well. The city manager is mad because he doesn't have a business license the guy will most likely get a fine and be told he has to aquire a license but please don't forget people this guy has went in front of a Judge and lied. He told his customers and the undercover news crew that he made them in his back yard shed where the
 news crew actually witnessed this but he went in front of a Judge and said he didn't make them at his home. Not a very honorable person to begin with. Had he just admitted the truth to begin with then we wouldn't be discussing this now. Because it would not be news worthy, it seems that most news nowadays is based on some lie someone told to someone else.

In Service, Love

kandace harris <thetexladi at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Everyone in the S.C.A. should have something to say on this matter....However ever U.S. Citizen should take note ...The Government has tried to take away all guns and now they're trying to take away ALL Weapons ....What will we defend our self with ??? I know we play this game and we are Honorable People....But the reality is,...Ever scents the Towers came down there is a possibility of an envision by another country ....IF that ever happens ....ever S.C.A.er I know will take up arms and defend our borders ..BUT ..with what??? Thank Goodness for siege weapons??? Rocks ? stick? Pay Attention!!! Those Maybe next!!!! Just my own thoughts.Sorry if I offended anyone ..But ...at lease think about it ...Will you stand there and die or go down fighting......Food for Thought !!!

Rita wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to the SCA in the Stargate Barony, but this story is something I believe all SCA members and collectors of medieval weaponry should be aware of. I felt strongly enough to email you all. I hope you don't mind.

TV Piece: http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/local_story_132070112.html

Cheryl Fiandaca's email: http://cbsnewyork.com/investigatesmail/

Steve Licata's website: http://steven.licata.home.att.net/

Contact info is listed on the website.