[Ansteorra] Merchanting in TX

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Nov 10 10:04:25 PST 2004

To the Good Gentles of Ansteorra

The best advice is to contact your State Sales and Use Tax people.  You
don't have to give your name, and you can ask some pretty specific
questions.  For Texas, visit www.window.state.tx.us or call 800-252-5555.
 The publication for Flea Markets or Trade Shows is what you are looking

A quick call (less than 5 minutes) to the Texas State Comptroller's
office reveals that merchants must have a Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit.
 These should be presented at gate when they are checking in, and should
be displayed in their booth while on site.  It is not *necessary* for
gate personnel to keep copies of the certificates from individual
merchants.  However, the point of requiring these Permits is to keep the
local group from being responsible for remitting sales tax (8.25% in the
Dallas area).  That is the risk and responsibility of the individual

I did ask specifically about merchants from Oklahoma and Louisiana and
was told that merchants from these states are required to apply for a
Texas Sales and Use Permit.

So.  I hope I have answered at least a few questions, and not raised too
many more. 

In Humble Service to the Dream
HL Francesca Laviana Sansovino

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:48:40 -0600 "Brian du Val" <cobalt60 at lcc.net>
> To sell items as a business you need a "Do business as"  form filled 
> out at 
> your county court house and from there you will need to get a Texas 
> business 
> licence through Austin. Your  court house should have a packet for 
> new 
> businesses. You may also consider seeking out a small business 
> center in 
> your area. They can help you get your business off to a good start 
> and give 
> you free assistance because they are government sponsored.
>                                                             Brian    
>     :o)
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "John Yates" <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com>
> To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 8:30 PM
> Subject: [Ansteorra] Merchanting in TX
> > Greetings!
> >   What are the minimum permits needed to do
> > occasional SCA merchanting in Texas?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Valstarr

Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list