[Ansteorra] Merchanting in TX

loveofhalesworth loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 10:50:49 PST 2004

Brian is correct, here is the easiest way. First go to your local county court house pay the $25 to $35 fee (estimating only) San Jacinto County is $25, in which to register your business. You can register it as a home based business that travels in the state of Texas. You may register it in your name or choose a business name this allows you to open a business account at a bank and you will then be able to accept checks in whichever name you choose. This also allows you to keep a seperate record for your business and allows you to file a business tax return under your businesses name. Second call the Attorney General's office they have an 800 and ask them for the nearest office to you in which to file for a sale's tax license. The license is free and if you deal directly with a local office you manage to get your license within 30 days. If you do it by mail it could take 3 to 4 months. I am a food merchant and I also needed a certificate of health and those can be aquired at your
 local health department and cost range from $15 to $25 after taking a class and they are good for 4 years unless you take the managers class and those are good for 5 years. You are then ready to sell your wares to all of us who love to visit the merchants tents. Good luck and we look forward to visiting you when you get set up.
In Service, Love of Halesworth
The Love's Nest Tavern 

John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com> wrote:
What are the minimum permits needed to do
occasional SCA merchanting in Texas?


Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
Ansteorra mailing list
Ansteorra at ansteorra.org

Do you Yahoo!?
 Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list