[Ansteorra] Merchanting in TX

Deborah Zallen deborahzallen at zallen.com
Wed Nov 10 13:33:50 PST 2004

Wow, mine was only $9.00 at the Travis County Clerks office.  But then again
that was in 1995.  You also will have to renew your DBA (Doing Business As)
or Assumed name after a certain period of time.  Mine is due to expire in


-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces+deborahzallen=zallen.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces+deborahzallen=zallen.com at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of loveofhalesworth
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 12:51 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Merchanting in TX

Brian is correct, here is the easiest way. First go to your local county
court house pay the $25 to $35 fee (estimating only) San Jacinto County is
$25, in which to register your business. You can register it as a home based
business that travels in the state of Texas. You may register it in your
name or choose a business name this allows you to open a business account at
a bank and you will then be able to accept checks in whichever name you
choose. This also allows you to keep a seperate record for your business and
allows you to file a business tax return under your businesses name. Second
call the Attorney General's office they have an 800 and ask them for the
nearest office to you in which to file for a sale's tax license. The license
is free and if you deal directly with a local office you manage to get your
license within 30 days. If you do it by mail it could take 3 to 4 months. I
am a food merchant and I also needed a certificate of health and those can
be aquired a!
 t your
 local health department and cost range from $15 to $25 after taking a class
and they are good for 4 years unless you take the managers class and those
are good for 5 years. You are then ready to sell your wares to all of us who
love to visit the merchants tents. Good luck and we look forward to visiting
you when you get set up.

In Service, Love of Halesworth
The Love's Nest Tavern

John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com> wrote:
What are the minimum permits needed to do
occasional SCA merchanting in Texas?


Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Ansteorra mailing list
Ansteorra at ansteorra.org

Do you Yahoo!?
 Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com
Ansteorra mailing list
Ansteorra at ansteorra.org

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list