[Ansteorra] coinage

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 11:41:02 PST 2004

'Wolf mentioned:
> have always been intrigued by coinage .... and interest was rekindled
> recently by reading Neal Stephenson's "Baroque Trilogy" (highly
> recommended)
> and stumbling on a modern, real silver coin for first time in *many*
> years
> in my day-change.  have enough investment bullion (silver, gold, and
> platinum) gathered over 20 years that would make a excellent "seed" on
> private mint focused on "craft coinage" .... and would be a
> interesting way
> to spin my jewelry / metalworking interest off in a  interesting new
> vector
For a bit of commentary on ancient and historic coins as well as info
on stamping your own, including cautions when imitating historic coins,
see these files in the COMMERCE section of the Florilegium:
coins-msg        (135K)  9/ 1/04    Period coins, making coins.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/coins-msg.html
p-Engsh-coins-lst (17K)  6/25/99    A list of period English coins
                                        by Kestrel of Wales.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/p-English-coins-lst.html

Stefan
--------