[Ansteorra] Sites

James Leavings argynt at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:58:02 PDT 2004

Hello! I am seeking some input, regarding Sites for SCA events. Any and all
answers are appreciated. I've already talked to Eric Langhans, and he
recomended I post here, for everyone to see.

What we are doing is this, we are planning a new Site for Events such as
LARPs and the SCA. We want it to be dedicated to such usage, rather than a
Site where you make do with what you can get. To that end, we'd like to ask
a few questions, to see what is it that makes a Site PERFECT, rather than
merely usable. So, I have some questions below, I would appreciate all
answers. This will be posted to several lists, again by Eric Langhans'
suggestion, so if you see it more than one, I apologize for any
inconvenience.

So as to NOT clog the list with answers most people will NOT be interested
in, please send replies to me personally at James at LARPProps.com

1. What is the total size of the Sites you use most frequently now?

2. What are the locations of the Sites you use most frequently now?

3. How much of that area is wooded, how much open?

4. How much is available for camping? How much for Fighting? How much for
Faires/Feasts/Merchants or other non combat event uses?

5. What facilities (kitchens/dining halls/restroom/shower/etc) does it have?
What utilities?

6. What facilities/utilities do you consider mandatory? Which, while not
mandatory, would make a Site perfect for SCA usage?

7. How many total people attend the events you attend? How many families?

8. How much do you pay in Site fees for the events you attend now? How much
would you pay for a perfect site (water/electric available, sufficient
restrooms/showers, a Site capable of hosting VERY large events, Feasting
area, Merchants' area, ALL as close to Period as can be done)?

9. We are planning on placing our Site close to D/FW. Where in the D/FW area
would you like to see a good Site?

10. What is something you never want to see in/on a Site?

11. What is something you would say always makes a Site better if it has
it/them that is not covered above?

12. Do you have any skills/equipment/connections that you would be willing
to use to make such a Site possible?

Thanks for all who read this, appreciation for all who reply. The
information I gather will all be put to use, and hopefully we will be able
to provide a high quality tailored site in the near future.