Infringing Copyrights RE: [Ansteorra] looking for song

Phelippe Descors frayman_phelippe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 20 20:54:46 PDT 2004

In a nutshell: if you publish something and it has a general copyright
(IE: only states "Copywrite: Jane Doe, 2004") and you give credit to the
origional owner without permision you might get in trouble.  Depends on
the copywrite holder and if you are making a profit off of it.  If it
has something to the like of "No duplications without expressed
permission....." or similar wording then don't do anything with it until
you meet the criteia that the copyright warning states.

Now I really can't say anything about filking copyrighted material.
Though I do know that you must change something like 15% of the
material, like keeping the same music but changing the lyrics.  FYI,
Wierd Al Yankovic has songs out there that he asked to make parodies of
and the origional songwriters said no and he was able to get away with
it anyway due to the amount of changes he made to them.

    Phelippe

--
Lord Phelippe Descors
Company of the Fray