[Ansteorra] Price of Gas and Travel in the Kingdom

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:01:10 PDT 2004

I am trying to carpool to distant events as much as possible. Fortunately,
most of the events that I attend are within a hundred miles of home so my
gas outlay is generally $30 or less. I'm not feasting as often at events,
but am sharing meals with the Household I am associated with. If I volunteer
to cook a meal for them, my outlay can be $20 to $40 depending on how many
people are attending and how extravagent a meal I make. Otherwise I only
need to provide my own lunch or snacks. Generally that's considerably less
than $20 for dried fruit and some nuts of some type. I pick up a 12 pack of
water for around $5. Usually I figure on about $60 for a local camping event
and $30-40 for a non camping event without hotel. If I hit the road, it's
usually closer to $100 for gas and food on the trip in addition to the site
fees, ice, etc.

Linet