was Re: [Ansteorra] P... and O...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 16:19:52 PST 2005

Sigfreid,

  Personally, I'm not in service to the dream...

  Why? Cause dreams are ephemeral...and
  are seldom near enough in content from
  person to person for any concensus to be
  reached so that appropriate action can be taken....

  I'm in service to the Reality of the SCA...

  I have enough emotional, mental and physical
  investment in the SCA that I do what I can to
  make sure that it continues.

  This means that I keep up with the rules and regs
   enough to make sure I'm not working against the way
  the SCA is growing...

  and when things change I accept it...and change
   the way I do things even if I don't like the change.
  If I don't like the change or think it's illogical...or whatever,
  I investigate why the change happened and see what I
  and others can do by working within the system to
  make things better...

  Now, I'm not against pursuing "dreams"...but each person has
  to be responsible enough to know how far to pursue their "dream"
  without damaging other people or the organization.

  And yes there are those who can judge...all of us who have had
  to pick up a mess, or fix a problem,  or get attacked for standing by
  the rules...or etc...just because some person is so taken by their own
  dream and too self-centered to see beyond their "dream" to realize that
  everything that they do in the context of the SCA (or any organization/society)
  affects the individuals and the organization.

  Some of the self-centered people can be educated...and will figure out how
  to fit their "dream" in the nest of many other "dreams"...or how to meld
  it with others to create bigger and more wonderful things...

  Others, the people who are the real problem...are those who just don't care about
  anyone else...and who pursue their "dream" in ways without any regard to
  any other individual or the organization...

  If you wish to talk about this in person...

  I'll be at the Loch event, Stargate Yule, and probably Steppes 12th night...
  and of course...Coronation...

  or you could e-mail me privately at ldeerslayer at yahoo.com

  Lorraine DeerSlayer

  The North Wind made the Vikings....

d k <kahulaville at yahoo.com> wrote:(snipped for brevity's sake)

  in service to the dream is exactly
the one thing that everyone has in common good or bad,
it's just how the dream is achieved that is the
difference. and who is anyone to judge anyone else?

Troublemaker at large looking to make a change
~Sigfreid