[Ansteorra] Question 12/22

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Thu Dec 22 12:49:14 PST 2005

Since I have merchanted at all the Gulf Wars that I've been to, and
often done that by myself, I haven't had time to help.  So my answers
are for Pennsic, TFYC and Estrella.  I have worked security, at all
three, walking, riding and base at the first two, and gate at Pennsic,
and some pre event work at TFYC.
What did I enjoy most?  Probably riding (golf cart) security.  I have
been known to recommend this to folks who are new at the war.  It is the
best way to learn the geography of the site (and how far it is from
Tuchuck Hill to Banshee Ridge).  It is also a great way to meet folks.
I remember Duke Kane, coming into security point at TFYC and
volunteering, himself and his squire for a shift during Sat night Party
time.  I doubt I would have ever known that about him, otherwise.  There
are a lot of peers and royals that help out.
What have I learned?
Other than where everything is, an aversion to EVER getting drunk.  The
number of injuries, alone would be enough, without the stupid things
that some of them do, like, falling asleep, next to the campfire, with a
mug half full of vodka, next to you, and of course, between you and the
fire!  Other things, how helpful most folks are, how to deal with with
all sorts of folks, Peers, Crowns drunks, ect.