[Ansteorra] Job descriptions (was Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 26, Issue 14)

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 11 18:35:44 PDT 2005

At 05:49 PM 7/11/2005, you wrote:

>OK, I have to respond now.  What is wrong with the term "troll"?  I always
>thought it added a bit of style or panache to have a "troll".  It's so far
>from mundanity.  And I work troll at every event for Namron.  And I happen
>to think it's a cute term.
>
>We're starting to get into being politically correct here.

I don't know that people are being *offended* by being called "trolls", but
if we're trying to re-create history, then using actual historical terms
instead of something cutesy and made-up makes more sense. I'm pretty sure
that the person in charge of, say, the gates to a city *wasn't* called a
"troll" (at least not to his face <G>) in period.

         -Tivar Moondragon