[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 26, Issue 50

Chass Brown chass at allegiance.tv
Fri Jul 15 09:32:11 PDT 2005

      Since being placed in a wheelchair I am very vocal about this very
issue. To point out, I was very vocal with the Event stewards about Gulfwars
and how bad that site is for handicapped people. I wanted to be able to
bring my little golfcart, because it recharges alot faster than my
powerchair and wont get stuck like my powerchair. The response from them was
no, only powercairs, scooters or manual chairs, if I didnt like it I could
stay at home. It went before the BOD they decided since their attnys backed
up what I said they would blame owners of the property after they had
already admitted it was the Groups Decree not the owners. So I mark Meridies
and Gulf off my list. Since the site rents to groups it alls under the
federal guidelines that the site has to meet min requirements. Example
designated paths that are raised and non slip. I refuse to do anything more
than I already have but some day someone will sue them and win.

     Any autocrat wants to know if a site is handicapped accessable. Get a
elcheapo wheelchair. Sit in it. If you as a healthy person can not wheel
yourself around the site and into all the bldgs and etc, then what makes you
think someone who is disabeled can? Ramps are a good idea, but make sure
they can handle the weight and are wide enough. Another thing that urks me.
I do not wish to have to depend upon others for assistance. I want to be as
independent as I can, telling me I have to ask other to push me or wait on a
"Taxi Service" to get me where my powerchair can not. Also most need to know
Scooters and powerchairs get stuck SOOOOOO easy. They tend to loose traction
and also the batteries go dead quite quickly. It takes over 8 hours to
charge the batteries in my powerchair. Where as I can charge a golf carts
batteries in 2 hours and have a backup set of batteries since they use Car
Batteries.

     I have been... Blackballed over my fight for my rights at gulf wars. I
care not if people hate me as long as I can make it a tad better for someone
else.

In Service of what the dream is for those in wheelchairs;
Chass aka Charinthalis Del Sans
Muddeler of Mead